Friday, April 23, 2010

Happy

Today hasn't been particularly special. I got up after a decent night's sleep, went to a dermatologist appointment (turns out, my face suffers from a variant of rosacea), got groceries, picked up some books at the library, returned some emails. There was nothing extraordinary about today except the weather: 75 degrees, sunny, cool breeze. (Oh, spring in northern California, how I will miss you.) Maybe the general pleasantness of the day put me in the mood to recognize just how good my life is. I love my job. I get to have my Fridays off, to shop for wine and cheeses and take leisurely walks. I have two working legs so that I can take those walks. I have friends who believe in me and a family that always has my back. I may be poor, but I love my life.

If I am this happy now, I can only imagine how happy I will be once I start making a real salary, see my work get published, and meet a man who truly loves me. So much to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment